Thursday, October 20, 2016

Mixed Media Layout with Merry & Bright!


Hello crafty friends today I am sharing a Mixed media project highlighting the Merry and Bright Collection with Double Dot mixed media.


This is the full view of the canvas, this canvas layout went together smoothly.  Some just fall into place.  The background paper was my inspiration for the deer in front of the Christmas tree.  I first distressed the edges of the 12 X 12 paper then adhered it to the canvas using Mod Podge, once that was dried I then proceeded with creating the snow & the stars in the sky.






The bottom and the top of the canvas I used the Cascade stackable stencils using a heavy media gel and sparkling compound, Once they dried I had fun playing with the DoubleDot glimmer sprays. While that was drying I used Double dot Pearlescents to both of the trees, framing the photo with a distressed piece of pattered paper and cutting out the deer. I distressed around the deer with chalk ink. Once everything was dried I then began to layer the elements on to the canvas.

BoBunny Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Merry & Bright
Noteworthy: Merry & Bright
Chipboard: Merry & Bright
Layered Chipboard: Merry & Bright
Stackable Stencils: Cascade Stickable Stencils
Essentials: Gesso (white)
Stamps: Holiday Icon
Pearlescents - Brilliant Blue, Tutu, Gold, Silver
Glimmer Sprays - Frost, Sugar & Mint

Thanks for stopping by,  Have a great day & have fun being creative. -Kathi

1 comment: